Thursday, April 23, 2009

Credit Cards are not always Evil

Some would say that credit cards are evil, well perhaps those in huge debt. But personally, I love the ideas of credit cards. I get to spend money that I don't necessarily have, but need to have at the end of the month, and I don' t have to carry cash around. My credit card limit is 20,000 dollars, so really it's like carrying 20000 dollars in my pocket. I pay everything with my credit card, my cable, gas, plane tickets, food, my items at cvs. When I can't pay something with my credit card, I feel like I'm being robbed and I'll tell you why. I have two credit cards, an Amex and a citicard mastercard. In my Citicard, I gain cash back rewards, so after a certain amount of points, I can get a check for the amount of money I have spent. So every 2 or 3 months I get a check for 50 dollars from Citicard. I mean it's not a fortune, but money is money. In my Amex I get point rewards, which I can redeem for just about anything. I usually use it for airfare. So every month I accumulate points, and in 4 or 5 months I already have enough points for a discount on my plane ticket. Plus when I use travel rewards I get the best deals that no one sees. I actually wish I could pay everything with my credit card. Right now the only thing I can't pay with my credit card is my car lease and my..oh crap I have to pay my light bill.....damn you PSEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment